This salad is so unbelievably easy and it is perfect for a summer or winter meal. It is excellent alongside a piece of fish, but also stands up to a grilled steak.
I learned about this dish from one of my favorite people, Ms. Beverly (Beevis) Andrade. Beevis, amazing wife and mother of two wonderful daughters, is an exceptional vegetarian cook.
When her daughter, Jenn and I, would visit while in college, she would make us this salad along with a steaming bowl of black bean soup. The heat from the roast corn and tomatoes would just begin to wilt the spinach and soften the feta. It was just superb. Hope you enjoy!
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a casserole dish, add 1 cup of frozen (or fresh) corn…
and 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved.
Then, add 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
Lastly, drizzle 2 TB olive oil, 1 tsp Kosher salt and 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
Roast the corn and tomatoes for 30 – 45 minutes, depending on how roasty toasty you like them.
Allow the corn and tomatoes to cool for a 5 minutes.
In a bowl, add one 5 oz container of baby spinach (I use Organic Girl). Top with the roasted corn and tomatoes.
Add the juice of half a lemon, 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp of salt, and a few more cranks of black pepper. Toss everything to combine.
Serve each salad with a sprinkle of fresh feta cheese. Don’t buy the crumbled! Just crumble your own.
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 5oz container fresh baby spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Crumbled feta for serving (crumble your own!)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a casserole dish, add the corn, tomatoes garlic, 2 TB olive oil and 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 30 - 45 minutes depending on the desired done-ness.
- Allow the vegetables to cook for 5 - 10 minutes
- In a large bowl add the spinach and pour the corn and tomatoes over the spinach.
- Add the 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, juice of half a lemon, 1/2 tsp salt and a few more cranks of black pepper.
- Toss all ingredients to combine.
- Serve with crumbles of feta over the top. Enjoy!