Happy 50th Super Bowl Sunday!!! In honor of the big game I decided to throw together an old classic that is just a little bit famous around this house.
It also just happens to be the easiest and quickest dip you will ever make and is a total crowd pleaser! While lack of effort was my motivation I happened to realize half-way through making this that it was orange, which is also the color of the team I’m rooting for. Sorry Carolina fans.
All you need for this are three ingredients: cheese, pimentos, and good quality mayonnaise (I use Dukes).
I made this dip for the Super Bowl party I am going to, so it made a LOT. Feel free to half the recipe.
Finely shred 2, 8oz blocks of yellow cheddar cheese. SHRED YOUR OWN CHEESE! Your arm needs the work out. And, it’s better than eating plastic cheese.
Put the shredded cheese into a small casserole dish.
Drain a 7 oz jar of chopped pimentos and add to the cheese.
Add 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise to the cheese and pimentos and mix until combined. Spread out the mixture in the dish.
Serve with crackers immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Try not to eat all of it before the guests arrive.
You can also make this a hot dip by baking it for 15 min at 400 degrees!
- 16 oz finely shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 7oz jar of chopped pimentos, DRAINED
- 1 1/2 cups good quality mayonnaise
- Add the cheese, pimentos and mayonnaise to a small casserole dish and mix until combined. Spread out the pimento cheese mixture evenly in the casserole dish.
- Serve with crackers.
- You can make this a hot dip by baking at 400 degrees for 15 min.
- You can also spread this mixture in between two slices of whole wheat bread and make a grilled cheese. Oh I'm so bad!!