My husband, “The Cheese” and I traveled to the British Virgin Islands for our honeymoon (highly recommend that). The famous drink down there is called a “Pain Killer” which is meant to kill your hangover the next day. The drink had ingredients similar to that of a Pina Colada but was poured over ice and finished with lots of freshly ground nutmeg.
I decided to do a healthy, breakfast, smoothie version. The results: superb. While it won’t give you the “kick” of the real Pain Killer (unless you decide to add a few extra ingredients wink, wink) it will certainly get your morning started off in a healthy and delicious way.
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk you prefer)
- Splash orange juice
- 1 handful ice cubes
- Whole nutmeg, finely grated
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass.
- Using a microplane or fine grater, grate the whole nutmeg over the smoothie. Enjoy!