Happy Thanksgiving Y’all! In light of the holiday spirit I thought I would share this classic Pecan Pie recipe with you.
No frills with this one. This recipe is so simple, straightforward, EASY and it wins every time.
While the classic recipe calls for dark corn syrup, I used organic cane syrup instead, which isn’t as processed and doesn’t have preservatives.
However you make it, I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of organic cane syrup (or dark corn syrup)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 heaping cups of pecans
- 1 prepared pie crust
- Pre- heat oven to 350
- Roll the prepared pie crust out and carefully place and fit the crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and gently mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 10 min.
- Reduce the heat to 325 and bake for an additional 45 min
- Using oven mitts, gently shake the pie. It should wiggle like jello if it's done. People have generally reported that this pie needs some extra time but it always depends.
- Allow the pie to cool COMPLETELY before serving.