This is the easiest week night meal and your family and friends will think that you slaved over it! The Cheese actually asked me what the special occasion was. It’s me, Cheese, it’s me.
Let’s get started so you can make this already… jeez.
Start by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl mix together, 3 TB chopped garlic, 2 TB chopped fresh rosemary, 2 TB chopped fresh thyme. 2 tsp Kosher salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1/4 cup olive oil (4 TB).
Mmmm… so garlicky.
In a roasting pan, throw in some small potatoes and 1 large onion that has been sliced in to thick slices.
I don’t even bother seasoning the veggies because they get so much flavor from sitting under the pork. But, you can sprinkle a little salt, pepper and olive oil if you would like to.
On the roasting rack, place two pork loin (they are almost always sold in pack of two).
Using a sharp knife, pierce numerous slits into both sides of the pork.
Rub the garlic and herb mixture all over the pork making sure you are shoving garlic and herbs into the slits.
Really get in there!
Roast at 400 degrees for 45 – 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
Allow the pork to REST for AT LEAST ten minutes. This is an IMPORTANT step. Are you getting that?
Once it has rested, slice those puppies and serve with whatever delicious sides you would like. I recommend sauteed turnips and greens, roast acorns squash, and your potatoes and onions, of course!
- 3 lb pork loin (2 loins)
- 3 TB fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 TB fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 TB fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound baby potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Place potatoes and sliced onions in the bottom of a roasting pan fitted with a rack.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Place two loins on top of the roasting rack (or right on top of the potatoes and onions)
- Pierce all sides of the pork loins with a sharp knife to form small slits in the meal.
- Rub the herb mixture all over the pork loins filling the slits with herbs and garlic.
- Roast the pork loin at 400 degrees for 45 min to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Allow the pork to rest for at least ten minutes before slicing and serving.