My mother initially told me to make this salad to serve alongside the Caramelized Onion and Gruyere Quiche I was making for brunch. The acid from the tomatoes and balsamic paired perfectly with the rich and creamy quiche. Love at first sight.
This salad is extremely easy and goes really well as a side dish with brunch, lunch, or is perfect served along side grilled chicken or fish. It is very refreshing, healthy, and super quick!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 TB of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 TB Balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (about 1 TB)
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until combined.
- Taste the salad to adjust seasonings to taste. Enjoy!
- If able, allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so that the flavors marry.