Oh, yes, that’s happening right now.
These brownies are truly the most exquisite, decadent brownies ever. Make them. You deserve it.
That’s right, you heard me, espresso brownies. Normally coffee is served with dessert, but why not have coffee IN your dessert?
You better stop it, espresso brownie.
Here are the main players:
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso or extra-strong brewed coffee, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
Use a bit of butter to butter a small round or rectangular pan.
In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
In a large, microwave proof bowl add the butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate. Heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals stirring in between each one until the butter and chocolate are combined and melted.
Add the sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
Next, add your COFFEE! Or, brewed espresso.
Whisk everything together.
Add in the flour mixture.
Mix everything together.
Lastly, chop up your bittersweet chocolate. (The same way you chopped your unsweetened chocolate).
Fold in the bittersweet chocolate into the brownie batter.
Pour the batter into the dish and bake for 35 minutes, if you like gooey brownies, or 40 minutes if you like cake-like brownies.
Once the brownies are a bit cool, or immediately, cut a piece and just enjoy your life. Because it doesn’t get much better than brownies and coffee.